Once upon a time there was a child ready to be born. 从前,一个孩子就要诞生到人世。 One day...
Once upon a time there was a child ready to be born.
从前,一个孩子就要诞生到人世。
One day the little child asked God,
一天,这个小孩问上帝:
;They tell me you are sending me to earth tomorrow, but how am I going to live there being so small and helpless?;
“他们告诉我,你明天就要把我送到人间去,但我这么小,这么无助,到了那儿我要怎么生活啊?”
God answered him,
上帝回答他说:
;Among the many angels, I have chosen one for you.
“天堂里有很多天使,我挑选了一个给你。
She will be waiting for you and will take care of you.;
她会在那里一直等着你、照顾你。”
;But tell me what I am going to do?”Asked the child,
“请你告诉我,到了人间我该做些什么呢?”孩子问,
;Here in Heaven, I don#39;t do anything else but sing and smile, which is enough for me to be happy.;
“但是在天堂里,我每天除了歌唱和欢笑,其他什么事也不做, 因为这样我就非常快乐了,”
;Your angel will sing for you and will also smile for you every day.
“你的天使会每天为你歌唱,还会每天对你微笑。
And you will feel your angel#39;s love and be happy.; God reassured him.
你会感觉到她对你的爱,那样你就会快乐了。”上帝安慰他说。
;And how am I going to be able to understand when people talk to me, if I don#39;t know the language that men talk?;
“那要是人们对我说话,我怎么才能听懂呢?我不懂人类的语言啊。”
;Your angel will tell you the most beautiful and sweet words you will ever hear, and with much patience and care, your angel will teach you how to speak.;
“你的天使会对你说一些你所听过的最美丽、最亲切的话语,而且她会非常耐心仔细地教你说话。”
;And what am I going to do when I want to talk to you, Lord?;
“可是主啊,当我想和您说话时,我该怎么办呢?”
;Your angel will place your hands together and will teach you how to pray.;
“你的天使会把你的双手合在一起,教你如何祷告。”
;I#39;ve heard that on earth there are bad men. Who will protect me?;
“我听说人间有恶人,谁来保护我呢?”
;Your angel will defend you even if it means risking its life.;
“你的天使会保护你,即使这意味着牺牲她自己的生命。”
At that moment there was much peace in Heaven, but voices from earth could already be heard,
在那一刻,天堂里一片静谧,但来自人间的声音已依稀可闻,
and the child in a hurry asked softly,
孩子赶紧轻声问上帝:
;Oh God, if I am about to leave now, please tell me my angel#39;s name.;
“上帝啊,如果我现在就要离开,请告诉我这位天使的名字吧。”
;You will call your angel Mother.;
“你可以叫她妈妈。”
reassure [ˌriːəˈʃʊr]
v. 使安心;使消除疑虑
例:They tried to reassure her, but she still felt anxious.
他们试图安慰她,但她仍感到焦虑。
patience [ˈpeɪʃns]
n. 耐心;忍耐力
例:Without their knowledge and infinite patience, this story would not have happened.
没有他们的学识和无限的耐心,这个故事就不会发生。
pray [preɪ]
v. 祈祷;祷告
例:We prayed that she would recover from her illness.
我们祈祷她能恢复健康。
defend [dɪˈfend]
v. 保护;保卫
例:When a citizen joins the military, he or she takes an oath to defend the country.
一个公民参军时,会宣誓要保护这个国家。
risk [rɪsk]
v. 冒着……的危险(做);担着……的风险
例:He risked life and limb to get the cat down from the tree.
他冒着生命危险把猫从树上弄下来。